League Of Spades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventrilo How-To

Go down

Ventrilo How-To Empty Ventrilo How-To

Post  Andanos Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:55 am

Ventrilo Setup Step by Step to the server!

Step One:
Goto ventrilo download and download the copy of Ventrilo suited to your operating system from this website: Ventrilo Download Page

Step Two:
Ventrilo How-To Usersetup
A: Click the arrow in the box to setup your ventrilo account name.
Ventrilo How-To Usersetup2
A: Be sure to click new user, I suggest using your Primary Toon Name
B: Put in the phonetic spelling of your name, Be sure to press play to make sure it sounds right. Example "two" phonetically for this program is spelt "tew" This step is VERY Important!!

Step Three:
Now click the arrow side Server: from the main program window.
Ventrilo How-To Serverset1
A: Again click the box to open a new server connection, for the name put: League of Spades
B: Place the server information in the appropriate locations. Shown here is the server input fields and the information shown on our website as a reference.
Click Okay.

Step Four:
Find the Setup button to the side, click it!
Ventrilo How-To Setup1
A: Check the boxes like I have this will be important for the future.
B: Choose a PUSH TO TALK key that you will not use during game for anything else. I use "grave" or "tilda" Looks like this--> ~ Beside the 1 key.
Now Move to the events Tab.
Ventrilo How-To Setup2
A: Make sure the fields shown in blue are changed to TTS or Text-to-speech at the VERY LEAST. This will allow ventrilo to verbally tell you who is entering the server while you are in-game without having to tab out to view the online list. This is why putting in your own name phonetic spelling is VERY Important!
When finished this click the Okay Button.

Finally!
Click the connect button and you should see this! You will be connected to the main chat room when connecting. To join a Party Room or the Raid Group Room simply click on the title of the room and you will be moved there.
Ventrilo How-To Server

Additional Notes: From the Voice tab in setup it may be wise to boost your Inbound amplifier signal. This can be found in the bottom right corner of the window. With all WoW sound levels set to default and an inbound boost of 7 I can comfortably hear everything and everyone.
Andanos
Andanos
Ace
Ace

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-30

http://leagueofspades.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum